Search our collections
Shipping Quote List
- No products in the quote list.
- Antique collectors' objects
- Antiques from my private collection
- Books – India and The East India Company
- British Army Buttons. Edwardian, Victorian, and earlier examples
- Delhi Durbars and Royal Visits to India
- Folding maps other than India
- India - folding maps
- Indian Military Buttons and those worn by Political Officials
- Indian Princes
- Livery, Hunt, and other buttons
- Manuscripts and Ephemera
- Military & Naval Photographs – non-Indian
- Military antiques and curios
- Miscellaneous Items of Indian Interest, including Medals and militaria
- Photographs of Indian Interest
- Pictures, Paintings, and Prints
- Royal Buttons
- Swords and other edged weapons.
- Vellum bound decorative books
- Viceroys and Governors General of India
- WANTED. Items we are always keen to buy
A highly recommended reference book on badges and buttons
Ashok Nath: IZZAT: Historical Records and Iconography of Indian Cavalry Regiments 1750 – 2007 . Published in India 2009. This heavily illustrated 828 page volume has filled a yawning gap in the reference works to which the student or collector in this area can turn. One of the illustrations here shows a typical double page of illustrations, in this case for the 18th King George’s Own Lancers known as the Tiwana Lancers from 1906 and in 1921 amalgamated with Fane’s Horse.
I very seldom recommend modern books on this website but since a Dutch friend alerted me to this a year or two ago I have found it so useful that I feel I can do so with confidence.
Further details can be had and copies can be purchased directly from the author by sending him an email:
1 in stock
7th Bengal Cavalry. An officer’s ball button of the Company period£45.00 Add to basket
107th Foot, Bengal Infantry, officer’s gilt 18mm£24.00 Add to basket
Bombay, Baroda, and Central India Railway Regiment£9.00 Add to basket
17th Dogras, small size brass other ranks’ button£4.00 Add to basket