Search our collections
Shipping Quote List
- No products in the quote list.
- Antique collectors' objects
- Antiques from my private collection
- Books – India and The East India Company, and Central Asia
- British Army Buttons. Edwardian, Victorian, and earlier examples
- Delhi Durbars and Royal Visits to India
- Folding maps other than India
- India - folding maps
- Indian Military Buttons and those worn by Political Officials
- Indian Princes
- Livery, Hunt, and other buttons
- LUMSDEN. Documents, photographs and ephemera from an archive of General Sir Peter Lumsden G.C.B., C.S.I.
- Manuscripts and Ephemera
- Military & Naval Photographs – non-Indian
- Military and Civil Reference Books - mainly British or European
- Military antiques and curios
- Miscellaneous Items of Indian Interest, including Medals and militaria
- Photographs of Indian Interest
- Pictures, Paintings, and Prints
- Royal Buttons
- ROYALTY. Photographs and ephemera
- Swords and other edged weapons.
- Vellum bound decorative books
- Viceroys and Governors General of India
- WANTED. Items we are always keen to buy
Sowars and Sepoys in the Great War 1914-1918. A fine reference book on their badges and buttons.
This second book by Captain Ashok Nath was published in 2014 and covers the iconography of Indian Regiments both Cavalry and Infantry. The well bound book measures 12 x 8½ ins and comes in a stout slipcase. There are 280 pages and the brief notes on the regiments are supplemented by numerous plates of illustrations of their badges and buttons.
I very seldom recommend modern books on this website but I have found Ashok Nath’s books so useful that I feel I can do so with confidence.
Further details can be had and copies can be purchased directly from the author by sending him an email:
1 in stock
Surat Police, 1889. 16mm£15.00 Add to basket
Indian Police, officer’s 15mm£4.00 Add to basket
107th Foot, Bengal Infantry, officer’s gilt 18mm£24.00 Add to basket
Indian Army, officer’s unattached list, 19mm Edward VII£6.00 Add to basket